Friends are supporting characters with whom your hero shares a mutual bond of affection, sometimes stemming through shared history, family relations, or romance.
For the screenwriter, understanding supporting characters is indispensable. And even though there are a multitude of supporting roles, illustrated here are three types of Friend roles frequently used in stories.
|← Rivals: Fab Four||Symbolic: Top Trio →|
- What Maisie Knew: Directors Scott McGehee and David Siegel
- PJ Boudousque: Coldwater, Little Rock Film Fest
- Writer/Director Vincent Grashaw: Little Rock Film Fest
- Top 10 Best Gangster Films
- Top 10 Family Friendly Not-So-Scary Movies
- Frances Ha: Writer / Director Noah Baumbach
- House of Cards: Beau Willimon Show-Runner
Get Free Screenwriting Tips from TSL
Five Plot Point Breakdowns
Write for the The Script Lab
Want to write for The Script Lab reviewing of discussing TV, Film, Books or Software?. Send a writing sample and what you're interested in covering to firstname.lastname@example.org