Silver, who’s released two other acclaimed indies in the past two years, Exit Elena and Soft in the Head, is back with Uncertain Terms. The film centers on Robbie, a man who escapes the city to stay in his aunt’s house. It also happens to be a home for pregnant teenagers and Robbie soon gets romantically involved with one of the girls. Silver cast his own mother, Cindy Silver, as the lead in the film as well as his best friend David Dahlbom as Robbie. I had a chance to talk with the filmmaker about working with his mom, collaborating with his other two writers and breaking the patterns of dangerous relationships we fall into.
Filmed & Edited by Meredith Alloway
- Getting the Most Out of Screenplay Coverage August 3, 2020
- The Hero’s Journey Breakdown: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off July 27, 2020
- 2020 TSL Free Screenplay Contest Quarterfinalists July 22, 2020
- TSL Free Screenplay Contest Frequently Asked Questions July 20, 2020
- 50 Most Cliché Moments to Avoid in Screenplays July 17, 2020