A poignant and memorable speech is often what gives a film its place in cinematic history. When someone references Pulp Fiction, we often think of Jules’ Ezekial speech, when we think of A Few Good Men, it’s impossible not to remember “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!” Speeches and monologues are the moments in films where writers and actors can really show off; and not with effects or actions sequences, but with great writing and tremendous performances. They can be the simplest and yet the most effective moments in a movie. These speeches can make us laugh, make us stand up and applaud, or even inspire us to take action. Here are arguably 10 of the very best. Click the links below to paginate through each monologue.
- Interview with SKYSCRAPER Writer/Director Rawson Marshall Thurber: How to Structure Your Script with Set Pieces July 16, 2018
- Top 10 Meet Cutes July 12, 2018
- Introducing coverflyX: Free Peer-to-Peer Screenplay Feedback July 12, 2018
- First Ten Pages: Zombieland (2009) July 10, 2018
- The Secret to Understanding What High Concept Means in Hollywood July 9, 2018